Thursday, September 8, 2011

Over Labor Day Weekend we decided to take a little spur of the moment trip with the Freeman's to Silver Dollar City in Branson Missouri....
It was so green and pretty but there were little touches of fall here and there.....

We went through Marvel Cave.....which was actually amazing....they played some epic music as you walked down this long staircase to the bottom of the cathedral room....it was so neat it gave me chills and I got a little teary eyed...I know it sounds weird but it was really that cool.....



Went on some really fun rides!

Joel won a cute little blue monkey for Carson.....
We saw a little humming bird
We went to the candy shop and tasted some fresh peanut brittle and bought some taffy, they had all sorts of flavors we'd never tasted
went to a Christmas Store....all Christmas, all the time....which to me was Heaven!!
The next morning we went canoeing...
Everything along the river was so gorgeous.....





Canoeing was pretty hard work, after we got out of the river we were starving!! So we went to Steak and Shake for lunch and had hamburgers and milkshakes........

Later that night we went to this scary haunted 3D House of Chaos ride...
(ok fine, everyone else thought it was funny and I was the only one who thought it was scary. It was just creepy and I am a huge chicken.....)

We also went to a house of mirrors that was really fun, I scared myself twice with my own reflection and Cameron ran right smack into his.....
(All my pictures of it turned out dark and blurry so i stole this from the internet:)
then headed to a wax museum.....


Eeeeewwwww! I know!
Even Eeeeewwer!!


Had dinner at Landry's Seafood House and I had a delicious crab cake.....
we also had some pretty good Key Lime Pie....
(sadly nothing compares to the triple layer creamy key lime deliciousness we had at
Flounder's Chowder House in Florida)

Monday morning we got up, ate our free continental breakfast and played a little mini golf.....

And then we were off! We packed a lot of fun into 2 days....and we were exhausted!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sister looks like you all had a lot of fun!!! It was really pretty there!!!
    But uh the play boy bunny part.... ewwwww is right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the pictures - you are a photo-holic like ME! :) I laughed lots at the playboy bunny boy part. NICE!! Love it - see you oh so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete