Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sunday night around 11:00pm Joel says "Whoa! What was that?? It felt like the whole house was moving"....I felt nothing and thought he was crazy. I looked out the window to see if it was stormy or really windy or something and it was as peacefully calm as calm could be. So I told him he was crazy.

Later that night we were woken up at 3:30am to soft rumbling thunder off in the distance, which was very soothing to listen to, as we drifted off to sleep again....until CRACK!!!!! We were startled back awake by booming LOUD thunder, it passed quickly and off to sleep we went. Until 4:30 came around with whipping, howling wind, pouring rain and hail...constant bright flashing lighting and super loud thunder....

I sat up in bed, and asked Joel what we were supposed to do??!? Are we supposed to get up and watch the news in case of a tornado?!?!? He said in a super groggy voice..."nah....I'm sure everything is fine"...pretty sure he was just too tired to care for his life at that moment....but I wasn't, so I got up, grabbed a blanket, ran downstairs and turned on the news to see.... !!!!TORNADO WATCH!!!! all over every channel...and I learned that Joel had felt an earthquake at 11pm and wasn't crazy after all :)......I sat and watched for 20 minutes or so until they seemed to think things were calming down and it sounded like the storm had settled outside and went back to bed.

We laughed in the morning that somehow he was fine with laying in bed to sleep while our house could have been demolished by a tornado in the middle of the night!!! Good thing I'm around!

I guess this is only the beginning of our first tornado season and crazy stormy nights.....wish us luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's too funny! Be safe out there - I read about the crazy storms & tornado watches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha this made me laugh!! And I still think Joel is kinda crazy! :) hahahaha! Just kidding Joelseph!! Anyway be safe sister (and Joel). I miss you both lots!!!! And thank goodness you are around to keep Joel alive! :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete