Friday, March 18, 2011

Locked out in your underwear.....and a sprained foot

Last night.....was such a nice night! I stepped out onto the back porch to look at the stars and sat there a minute to enjoy the peace and quiet, it was so warm! I wanted Joel to enjoy the night too so I yelled for him to come outside and join me. He had already changed into his "pajamas" (which are actually just his underwear) so he said he couldn't....but I said...."come on....it is pitch black out here, no one will even see you! Just turn off the light inside and come out for just a minute"......so he did. He came out and before I could say "oh wait!" he had shut the door behind him. My eyes got wide as I turned the handle and it was......LOCKED!!! Joel was locked out on our back porch....in his underwear.
We just looked at each other for a second and then we laughed and hugged and I started laughing harder and harder and he started thinking it wasn't quite as funny. We had no cell phone, no credit card to break in, I had bare feet, but luckily had actual pajamas on...I ran around to the front door, locked. I ran back around to tell him the news and started laughing some more. I ran across the parking lot, through the grass and up the stairs to the Freeman's house, knocked on the door. When they opened I tried to tell them what was going on but could only squeak out a few words in between my laughing. I was on the floor laughing so hard I was crying, Hilary started crying too. I somehow got out enough words to tell them what had happened. Cameron smartly grabbed Joel some shorts and a T-shirt and got us a credit card....hopefully it works! I ran out the door, still laughing, and down the stairs, thinking I was on the last step, stepped down off the 2nd and........sprained my foot.......awesome.
So I limped my way back home, gave him the clothes. He busted us in with the credit card. And all was good! Except my foot.... :(

2 comments:

  1. Bahahahahahahahaha! Sister I am laughing so hard! That is too great! Ooh the wonderful memories!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This truly is SO funny!!! hahahaha (minus the hurt foot part of course)

    ReplyDelete