Sunday, November 11, 2012

Our time here in Arkansas is almost over.  I've been battling with this thought for awhile now, and its so bittersweet.  I have known this time would come even before the day we arrived, but it has come so quickly!  We have loved it here.  We have experienced a lot and grown so much.

This has been one of our favorite spots to sit and talk...
 
 Today as I was walking, I rounded the corner of a path I've walked a hundred times before, and it hit me again.  The sun was just beginning to lower, and the light was hitting the leaves of the trees, perfectly showing off their brilliant fall colors.  And I realized I'd never get to see these trees lush and green and full of life again.  This is their final show before their leaves fall for the last time, never to return again before our time here is up.  In the soft breeze, leaves were swirling and falling all around me and crunching beneath my feet as I walked along.  I couldn't help but well up with tears......we are really going to miss it here. 
Coming out here has been everything we needed.  We have made so many memories and amazing friends to cherish for the rest of our lives.  I have loved my job and never dreaded going to work for once in my life, and Joel has worked so hard through school and will be graduating in just over a month.  And then we pick up our life here and move it back home.  We are so excited to be back by our family and more amazing friends, get Joel's career going and our own family started.  But we will definitely be leaving a piece of our hearts here forever....

1 comment: