Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A little "antiquing" adventure.....

I have been wanting to learn to "antique" furniture for a long time now....so finally yesterday I was in a creative mood and just decided I'd try! I watched one youtube video and I had one picture frame and some black paint so I started painting, once it was drying I went to the store to grab some sandpaper and a few other colors of paint.Then I decided to stop at the junk store and see if there was anything else I could practice on...and look at these beauties I found :) Almost a shame to paint over them....
I just kept painting and sanding away....

And I did it!

It was so fun!! Next I think I will attempt the little green chair I got at the junk store...we'll see what the outcome is when its an actual piece of furniture and not just a simple square piece of wood?

Joel came home from school and saw all my projects I had been working on... he was pretty impressed :) but when he headed back out the door to go to the library and study he was a little worried he'd come home and
find everything in the house antiqued :)

5 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I need to do some DIY projects myself. :) Great job cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Its was pretty easy and super fun! Now I'm in project mode.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE SEESTER! You'll have to put more pictures up when you put them somewhere cut in your house! :) I love it! Nice work! I need to do some DIY projects too...I just dunno what to do...I need some $$$ and time! :D Hah! I LVOE THEM! I am excited to see how your chair turns out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..... oh and now i see why you NEVER called me back!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry sister!! I just got on a roll..... :)

    ReplyDelete